Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Welcome to the Witch House...

The darkness always teemed with unexplained sound - and yet he sometimes shook with fear lest the noises he heard should subside and allow him to hear certain other fainter noises which he suspected were lurking behind them.

 - H.P. Lovecraft; "The Dreams in the Witch House"

Hi. I'm Brian O'Connell, owner and proprietor of Red Death Productions.

A recent time ago, my brother Brendan approached me with the idea of making a film based on H.P. Lovecraft's The Dreams in the Witch House - not one of Lovecraft's more popular tales, but a greatly written tale of good ol' cosmic horror. I told him, "You know, funny thing you should mention that" or something along those lines and I showed him my review of a concept album that had come out in late October - Dreams in the Witch House - A Lovecraftian Rock Opera. This absolutely fantastic album had prompted me to read the story, and we both immediately agreed upon the fact that it (the story) had film quality - big film quality.

Now my brother and I work fast, and soon enough we had a cast planned out. I was writing the script, while Brendan was the director of the film. To condense things a bit, I took the character of Joe Mazurewicz, made him female (Josephine) and gave her the last name Desrochers. Brendan is working on an animated version of antagonist Brown Jenkin, while we have a few cousins slated to play Josephine Desrochers and Keziah Mason the Witch. I myself am going to play the Black Pharaoh, and I'm currently slated to play protagonist Walter Gilman himself. I am a producer while Brendan is executive producer. We are distributing the film under the banner "Black Pharaoh Pictures," with Red Death Productions being associated with it, too.

What's more,we have asked the rock opera itself if we can use their music in the film. They replied:


Hey guys!  The film project sounds cool! Thanks for checking in with our team before using our tracks. Write me at platformwest@gmail.com and tell me a little more about your film idea. I'll forward that info to all Witch House producers and we'll see what we can do. Rock on!

I will ask you all to support this album by buying their album! It's worth it!

The film is now in post-production. Stay tuned for updates! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment