- Jason B. Thompson will be drawing the Twilight Abysses of Hyperspace in December.
- Devon Devereaux will be doing a pen, ink, and Prismacolor drawing of the meeting between Gilman and the Black Man, also in December.
- ebe-1 is too busy to work for us right now, but we're going to talk about it soon.
- We'll talk about Pete von Sholly in a minute. He did supply us with something awesome.
- Gris Grimly is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to busy to work for us, but he told us so in a very courteous manner.
- Michael Zigerlig is willing to do something once we have the proper funds.
So if you like creepy art by awesome artists, you're going to be in for a real treat in the next few months.
Now, here's the wonderful thing that happened with Pete von Sholly.
Mr. von Sholly has done an admirable job of resurrecting good ol' popcorn-munching monster movies, toys and pulp magazines in his work. When I contacted him, he was very polite and kind, saying that he'd be happy to help - but he'd need to decompress from Monsterpalooza first. Today, I contacted him again.
After giving him an outline of what I wanted, he told me that there was nothing new he could bring to the table. He had outlined all of the best scenes so well in his book version from P.S. Publishing that he had already said it all - already got the best bits.
What he did do was send me all six images from the book, and said I could use any or all for free.
The City of the Elder Things.
The Hyperspace Endpapers.
The bones of Brown Jenkin.
These are two thirds of what he showed us - the others just as fantastic.
I tried to make a Universal monster movie style poster out of the Elder Thing City drawing. It turned out TERRIBLE.
Mr. von Sholly made a few suggestions on this little mockup.
- Credit H.P. (I forgot)
- Don't put stuff all over it - let the art speak
- MAKE IT READABLE
- Remove cast names. Sounds kind of weak when everyone has the same last name
Here's the direction he suggested.
So I tried it out that way, arranging the words like Mr. von Sholly suggested. My only addition was the artist credit. It looks MUCH better, and Mr. von Sholly agreed.
But, in any case, I am eternally thankful for what Mr. von Sholly has given us.